Hydraulic Return Line Filter
A return line filter is positioned in the circuit just before the reservoir. Range of illustration usually found in return line filters is from 40-3 micrometers.
- A return line filter catches the dirt in the system before it enters the reservoir.
- The filter housing does not operate under full system pressure and is therefore less expensive than a pressure line.
- Fluid can be filtered fine since system pressure is available to push the fluid through the element.
- There is no direct protection for circuit components.
- In return line full flow filters, flow surges from discharging cylinders,actuators and accumulators must be considered when sizing.
- Some system components may be affected by the back pressure generated by a return line filter.